Hi, I’m Lexi, a New York-based graphic designer exploring the intersections of advocacy, education, and design.
Creating a publishing house, Jilli Bean! Books, to merge the design + writing interests of Jillian Rees.
“Here, we’re curious about play with storytelling, design, and languages. Jilli Bean! Books started as a family name passed through childhood. We carry the spirit for curious minds who have creative outlets.
We’re looking for unique perspectives to publish, design questioning and experimenting + adventurous spirits to see worlds collide.”
Brand Positioning + Goals
- Playful type with a hint of unexpected
- Create a system that is flexible for multiple languages
- Use composition + color to portray activeness
- Explore hand-printing and editions for print applications
- Push how type can be a character
- Connect visual/conceptual dots of writing, language, play + design
︎︎︎ Course: Topics-Branding
︎︎︎ Roles: Graphic Designer
︎︎︎ Collaborators: Jillian Rees (writer)
︎︎︎ Deliverables: Branding Identity, Merch